Wednesday, June 24, 2009

...on introspection and indulgence

...here is my first anti-introspection entry.

Meet my friend Jenny...
Ceramist, (and I think, closet goth ) maker of extraordinary sculptural goddesses, gargoyles and other beings. Oh, and grower of pistachio trees.



A wander through her forested property and over the bridge brings us to her studio crammed full of works in progress.



Did I mention that she sees dead things. oops, I mean collects dead things.
Bones, skulls, mummified animals and other bits and pieces.



..... and is about to plant and graft 1800 pistachio seedlings and works on huge ceramic and mosaic murals and pathways. and has a bunch of adult kids . and a fella. whew.
She says its ok to put her email address here in the event of galleries and collectors rushing to buy her out. jenny_odea@yahoo.com.au no spam please.


Now back to introspection.
I finished the big collage
.

and a detail.....




its now called "entangled among the delusions of understanding. You figure it out.

I'm going to make some little dolls now.
Great art never put food on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment